Thursday, February 2, 2017

Bella Skill Builder

I am taking on not one, not two, but three quilts. I showed you the Layer Cake Pop Quilt kit earlier this week and I am almost done cutting it out. Yesterday my second quilt kit arrived and I promptly got the first two blocks cut and ready! Today, the mailman brought my third kit! I unpacked that box, but cannot start on it. Yet (but it is so pretty...I am getting off track. that's my personality. that's why I have three quilt kits. at the same time.).

Let me show you quilt two. It is a really neat concept that really works well for people who want to learn new quilting skills but do not want to be tied down to a large project because you only make one block a month and quilt along with quilters all over the country! There are step-by-step instructions for each block and videos to also guide you a long the way. You can choose your own fabrics, but I oped for the kit...and once it arrived I was so happy that I did (wait until you see how it was packaged!).

If you order the quilt, you get the pattern and each block is packaged in its own bag to keep this on-going project organized. I LOVED this aspect!

Here is the first block for February:
I unpacked the first block and made a template using plastic school folders (you can buy the quilting rulers for this block and I would recommend it as they are sturdier but I opted for this method).

I cut out the pieces...because you are only making 3 blocks here for the first part of the project, you don't have a lot of cutting to do and can get on to sewing quite quickly. win-win!
Here is the first block ( I will add block 2 &3 after dinner).
It isn't perfect. I am a self-taught-still-beginning-quilter and as I go, I can only get better...right?!
Please sew along with me...show me your blocks! Link up with the Fat Quarter Shop...they were so generous to send this kit to me and I can't wait to see the finished quit at the end of the year.
xoxo~ KD

psst: here is what it will look like in 10 months time...

1 comment :

  1. Great blog! I just joined this quilt along...my first...wish me luck :)

    ReplyDelete