Thursday, May 31, 2012

Bringing the beach home

Memorial Day 2012 was wonderful. It was the first time we've celebrated or been together as a family since Gramps became Heaven's favorite soul, and we missed him, but the weekend was a glorious one. The kids got some cousin time in at The Doc's Inn (my inlaws second place) as well as some time with my parents in the back yard. 














After a weekend with salt air, sunscreen, and wet bathing suits, it was hard to come back to this. My house. Hodge-podgy and mish-mashy. Yuck. 



Before
After
 I emptied the room, gave it a thorough cleaning, patched the walls, touched up the paint, and played! I got busy adding candles here and shells there. A few throw pillows and some sea glass and my living room felt much more cottage-y and cozy. I didn't go hog wild and I didn't spend very much, but it gave the room a little umph. 
 the scent of these candles is called "beach glass" and they are awesome (and at under $5 a piece, I really love them)...
 there is nothing that an image of a sail boat can't fix for me...
a staple gun, some ribbon, some printer images of our honeymoon beach...

 though not beachy, I couldn't turn down these prints of birds and nests today when I found them in the clearance section for under $10 each! 
If you can't be at the beach you love, love the beach your with.

No comments :

Post a Comment