Tuesday, February 21, 2012

hobbies and fans

I have always had more hobbies than time. I love to sew, paint, cook, bake, read, watch soaps, watch intellectual documentaries, and get my hands into just about anything besides housework. Once I picked up sewing again, my friends would see what I was making and egged me on to start selling. I thought they were sort of crazy...but I kept sewing.
Along the way, I've learned about "good fabric" and "good thread" and what makes patterns "work". My sweet, loyal friends kept telling me to sell what I make. I tried an etsy page but sort of chickened out...but I kept sewing.
I've been watching what other sewers have been doing to make a business from their hobby and in the meantime have set up a little page on facebook...and I've kept sewing. I love sewing for my own little people and am over joyed that I get the privledge to sew for someone else's sweet little ones. 
I am so thankful for friends who cheer me on crazy ventures and have spread that word. I am more than just a little blessed (and if you think I might just be talking about you, than you can be sure that I am!).

4 comments :

Natalie said...

Awww these are all so cute!

Ashley said...

Girl... so proud of you!!!!
The outfits are PRECIOUS!!!!

boyzmom said...

Talent! You have it!

boyzmom said...

Happy Birthday, Kristen! Hope it's a great one!