Tuesday, May 17, 2011

the best accessories...

I was talking with my mother in law last night about people of faith keeping their faith visible. How important it is for us to remind ourselves and those we know that we ARE a people of faith and how symbols remind us of that. Just as a wedding band is a symbol of love and fidelity, crosses, crucifixes, scripture quotes, and other visible symbols of Christianity in our houses and on our bodies hold us to our beliefs. 


On March 6, My mother in law, sister in law, Mom, and I were in NYC on our girl's trip. One of the readings while we were in mass was:

Moses told the people,
“Take these words of mine into your heart and soul.
Bind them at your wrist as a sign,
and let them be a pendant on your forehead.
“I set before you here, this day, a blessing and a curse:
a blessing for obeying the commandments of the LORD, your God,
which I enjoin on you today;
a curse if you do not obey the commandments of the LORD, your God,
but turn aside from the way I ordain for you today,
to follow other gods, whom you have not known.”

Doesn't it sound like Moses was trying to get his people to show their faith visibly? One of M's friends said, "You Catholics have the best accessories...". I love that line (although, every Christian should and can accssorize). 

My Dayspring giveaway and review gave me the chance to get another little reminder of faith in my house and for that of one lucky winner. The winner of the giveaway gift certificate is:
Amy, comment 2
congrats Amy! I will send you the code so you can start shopping


3 comments :

  1. It is very hard to keep your faith visible to others...something I need to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is...life gets busy, we aren't sure what others will think, etc...but these are the precise reasons why we should. :)

    hope you are having a great day Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one thing I pray for....that others can see my faith through my character and my day to day activities.

    Congrats to your winner!

    ReplyDelete