Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resovling

Have you made your New Year's Resolutions yet? I've been thinking about mine for awhile now. Some ideas, while good, have been rejected. Some I am saving for Lent (40 days is long enough without Diet Coke, thank-you-very-much. Not saying I'll be giving up Diet Coke for Lent. That was just an example. In fact, there is no way that Diet Coke is my Lenten sacrifice). Others are too ambiguous and I am not sure how I would consider myself being held accountable. I think I am going to focus right now on things that will make our house run more smoothly. My friend Chris mentioned making a monthly resolution and this will be what I try. So, for the month of January, I am resolving to not raise my voice and use a calm tone. How does one do this in a two-story house? With three kids? When you are trying to get them dressed and out the door and they are running around naked and laughing at you and you still have to make lunches and get their school bags and you haven't had your coffee yet? I'll let you know in February. Maybe Diet Coke would be easier.

No comments :

Post a Comment