Thursday, October 1, 2009

18 Month Check up

mid-run
multi-tasking- opening up the toy drawer and giving Momma a quick smile
even when refusing to smile, she is pretty darn cute (Caroline, not Bunny).
I bought Emma Kate a few items at Old Navy this weekend. Caroline was with M and Doc and the twins needed a few things for fall. Caroline came home and fell in love with one of Emma Kate's new shirts and asked me to take her to Old Navy. Yesterday we went and she zeroed in on the same shirt and even found her right size. I think it is sweet that she loves to match her sister, so of course, I bought it for her!

how do you get an active boy's picture? let him hold the remote control!

"Where is Emma Kate?"
"There she is!"



Sam and Emma Kate had their 18 month check up today and here are the stats:

Sam:
32 inches tall (50th percentile)
24 pounds, 2 ounces. (25th percentile)
Head circumference 19 1/4 inches (75th percentile...more room for a nice, big brain!)

Emma Kate:
31 1/2 inches tall (50th percentile...she is catching up to her brother!).
21 pounds, 5 ounces (15th percentile)
Head circumference 18 3/4 inches (70th percentile...also very smart)

Both babies (I am using that term for as long as I can) got the flu shot today as well as the Hepatitis A vaccine and took both shots like champs...they handled the whole thing MUCH better than I did! Shouldn't there be some Mom prizes for bravery the in treasure chest with the stickers and squeaky toys?

the Doctor was very, very pleased with their progress and said they were the most perfect, precious babies she has seen in her entire career (I am embellishing a tad with the second part). Knowing that there are so many sick children and babies in the world and so many parents who struggle with medical care and insurance costs, I am reminded in how blessed we are to have healthy children and the ability to have routine check-ups. Lord, I thank you for this gift!

No comments :

Post a Comment