Monday, July 13, 2009

Matthew and I just celebrated seven years of marriage! Instead of gifts, we took a mini vacation to Bald Head Island while the children enjoyed my parent's attention. I can't say enough about Bald Head, it is the most charming place I think I have ever been (and I have traveled to some pretty cool places!). First of all, you leave your car on the mainland and take a ferry to the island. Once at your rental, you have a golf cart(excuse me, electric car) to get around the island. There are very few shops and restaurants, lots of beach access, adorable cottages, beautiful pools, and great prices to boot! I have fallen in love with this place and hope to live there someday (I can dream, can't I?). We missed our kids because this is a very family orientated place and everywhere we went there were children, but we enjoyed getting away. Thanks Mom and Dad for spending time with our little ones!
Eb and Flo's Steam Bar and Ferry Landing
Ferry Harbor
inside "the fire" the picturesque post office
entrance to Old Baldy
Old Baldy, the lighthouse
The most precious chapel I have ever seen
the view from the altar in the chapel
another beach
home away from home for two days
the alley where we charged our electric cart
the view from our patio

No comments :

Post a Comment